The Direct Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all direct marketing for TestOut’s Higher Education market segment. The focus for all marketing activities is to create marketing or campaign plans and messages to target prospective customers and incite interest sufficient to elicit a campaign response. Said another way, the Direct Marketing Manager is responsible for direct marketing activities that generate leads for the Outbound Sales Team to qualify.
- Explore and manage multiple methods of targeting prospective customers including email, direct mail, conferences, advertising, social media, etc.
- Work with Product Managers, the sales team, and sales executives to identify specific marketing activities that have likelihood of success in inciting interest from potential customers in the Higher Education segment (2-Year, Community Colleges, and 4-Year Universities).
- Help identify criteria for defining and creating micro-segments or targeted direct marketing activities.
- Write email and direct mail messages. Work with branding and design, or outsourced vendors to format, produce and send direct marketing pieces.
- Ensure that campaign responses are directed to the right sales personnel for initial qualifying and verification. Monitor campaign response processing to make sure follow-up is performed in a timely manner.
- Track and interpret statistics regarding campaign performance. Adjust messaging and execution to improve results.
- Perform A/B testing of various messages for impact on driving interest.
- Manage and coordinate the marketing schedule for the Higher Ed segment. Ensure that marketing activities happen on a regular schedule.
- Search for and manage new sources of prospect data for use in defined direct marketing activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Direct Marketing activities, with skills in both traditional forms (e-mail, direct mail, etc.) and experience in more recent modern direct marketing methods (digital advertising, social media, etc.).
- Demonstrable skills in creating content for marketing campaigns meant to promote value and incite interest.
- Ability to analyze and track effectiveness of defined Direct Marketing activities, and proven skills in presenting and reporting to Senior Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work across organizations in order to achieve personal and company goals.
- Self-directed, results oriented and organized, coupled with drive, energy and creativity.
- Sales support or sales background
- Experience with higher education sales or support
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to fill out an online application.