TestOut is hiring a full-time highly motivated IT Help Desk Technician. The IT Help Desk Technician will ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user technical support requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
TestOut has been Voted "Best Company to Work For" by Utah Business Magazine four years running. Our mission is simple; "We make a difference in a person's life through education using breakthrough technology." TestOut is a small, but highly successful company which works with academic institutions all over the US and abroad. Through our software training technology called LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge is able learn, practice, and master real-world IT skills, opening doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users
- Provide backup support for and receive training from the IT Systems Engineer
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PCs/laptops, routers, switches, wireless networks, phone systems, etc.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008/2012
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office and desktop applications
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including ping, tracert, ipconfig, event viewer, and application logs
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- High school diploma and at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- A+ and Network+ certifications desired
Work for a CEO/Owner who cares about you and shows it. With competitive compensation and great benefits included. This position is based in Pleasant Grove, UT.
Interested applicants should click here to fill out an online application.