Play a critical role in TestOut’s collaborative product strategy process by helping to define a market-driven roadmap for our online training products for IT education. The initial focus will be on learning and becoming versed in our IT product line in order to write product materials and to communicate important information both internally and to our customers. With critical understating of the product line, participate in the IT Product Council to define and launch new products and product updates.
- Become a subject matter expert on the products in our IT line.
- Define and implement product launch activities for new products, product updates and enhancements.
- Build and implement an ongoing communications plan to keep internal stakeholders and customers informed of important matters for our IT product line. Write copy and content to support execution of this plan.
- Working with the IT Product Council and Senior Management, help to define a market-driven roadmap for the IT product line. This includes doing the following:
- Document academic customer needs for the IT courses that schools teach.
- Track user, instructor, and employer feedback to guide product direction.
- Create Product Opportunity Assessments to help inform Senior Management on the business opportunities and in helping make the right decisions on what to develop.
- As a part of the IT Product Council, help to implement sound project management practices for delivering products to market as defined and in a timely fashion.
- Working with the IT Product Council, define and implement sales readiness activities so that the salesforce can effectively sell our IT products.
- Support sales in positioning and demoing the product to prospective customers.
- Know the competition for our IT products and inform sales on how to win in competitive selling scenarios.
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Business Management, Marketing, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of work-related experience in High-Tech Product Management or Product Marketing. An emphasis in the training or Ed Tech market for academic products preferred.
- Technical competency – Previous experience in Product Management or Product Marketing for computer, networking and software technologies. Experience in Ed Tech Product Management or Marketing preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a matrix environment, with effective presentation and communication skills.
- Self-directed and results oriented – Drive, energy and initiative.
- Willingness to travel for customer relationship building and research.
- Learn products quickly
- Write precisely and persuasively
- Communicate clearly
- Prioritize relentlessly
- Work collaboratively
- Think strategically and tactically
- Act decisively
- Serve constituents and customers rigorously
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to fill out an online application.