Web and Graphic Designer
TestOut Corporation is currently seeking to hire a full-time multifaceted Web and Graphic Designer to join our team in Pleasant Grove, UT.
The Designer will be responsible for creating brand-consistent designs for both digital/web and print applications such as brochures, pdf resource documents, advertisements, flyers, swag, posters, direct mail pieces, signage, business collateral, landing pages, web pages that fit into a larger information architecture, presentations, emails, social media graphics, infographics, icons/illustrations.
You will earn a competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits! Our benefits include paid time off and holiday pay, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. If what you have read piques your interest, then we want to hear from you!
ABOUT TESTOUT CORPORATION
The mission of TestOut Corporation is to make a difference in a person's life through education using breakthrough technology. We are in the business of selling hope. We work with academic and IT Pro institutions all over the US and abroad. Through our software training technology called LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge can "test out" and master real-world IT scenarios that can open doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life.
For five years running, TestOut has been voted "Best Company to Work For" by Utah Business Magazine through employee surveys. We have created a business casual environment with company employee events and company family events. Our CEO cares about each employee and shows it through competitive compensation and great benefits.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A WEB AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
This individual is someone who understands the use of visual language to communicate ideas and can take a brand guide and extend the brand's voice into various mediums. You will work directly with the Brand manager as well as sales and marketing to create design pieces that communicate ideas and concepts toward a specific goal.
- Understand nuances of how to design for multiple applications from web/digital to print
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Able to design for multiple screen sizes/resolutions (Responsive)
- Basic understanding of web design principles and how it relates to web conversion
- Keep designs consistent with company brand-guidelines
- Solid understanding of typography, color, composition and structure
- Knows how to prepare design files for production and development
- Up-to-date on latest design trends and technologies
- Constant drive to learn new things and always be improving
- Comfortable giving and especially receiving design feedback
- Able to clearly communicate concepts and designs
- Ability to write creative and engaging copy, to take an idea and use the brand's voice to express that concept in written form
- A working knowledge and understanding of HTML/CSS
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- At least 1-3 years of web and graphic design experience
- A solid understanding of typography, layout, hierarchy, and current design trends
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a collaborative spirit
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be able to provide a link to your portfolio that shows the breadth of experience and style
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that you would be right for this Web and Graphic Design position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application here. We look forward to meeting you!